Friday, June 18, 2010

Beginnings..

I've always been against blogs. Steven's always been really into them & I never saw the purpose, But..
I've been restless since school ended & I feel as if typing out what's in my head will bring some form of clarity to the jumbled mess up there.

I was laying in my bed thinking about how stupid it is for me to still be up when I have to do calc in the morning when the the chronicles of Narnia popped into my head, in specific the last battle. The Pevensie family has grown much older since their journey through the wardrobe & they're all together on a train (I don't remember their destination). And throughout the book we're periodically taken back to the conversation they're all having on the train about Narnia & their long ago adventures. Susan the older sister somehow convinced herself in her growing up that the world of Narnia that she so vividly experienced was just a fairy tale land they made up when they were kids. In the end, the train crashes & the Pevensie's (minus Susan) join with Aslan once more, this time for eternity.
There is an obvious parallel between this story & the end of times, but what has bothered me in this is the likeness I have with Susan. God & spirituality are not & have not been priority in my life for several weeks now. I haven't gone as far as to convince myself that there is no such thing as God, but my indifference is threatening to totally disrupt the Rock I've been building my life on since my troubles senior year of high school. Funny how I know the problem & do nothing towards finding a solution..

No comments:

Post a Comment